Immaculate (our demonstration) example of the rather fine ‘entry level’ Accuphase CD player / DAC.
List price is £5300. Production has now ceased, leaving a void in the range until the replacement arrives later this year. Still, we can always look at the £10200 DP-570 . . .
This has proved to be a popular choice to be used with both Accuphase and Naim electronics. The DAC has both coaxial and USB connections, making it an ideal partner for Melco products too. They even make a limited edition version of the N10 two box server / store especially to provide a visual match.
The Accuphase-developed high-rigidity, high-precision drive optimized for CD reproduction, along with a super-quiet and smooth disc loading mechanism ensure pure signal readout of the highest order. In the processor section, the MDS type D/A converter utilizes four DAC chips driven in parallel, and the filter amplifier features the newly developed ANCC (Accuphase Noise and Distortion Cancelling Circuit). CD transport section and digital processor are kept completely separate. In addition to a USB input, coaxial and optical connectors are provided for digital input and transport output. Quality construction and highly advanced digital technology fully reveal the potential of the CD medium and provide a listening experience that opens up new emotional depths even with familiar music sources.
- High-precision CD drive.
- High-quality CD tray and ultra quiet and smooth loading mechanism.
- MDS D/A converter with four circuits driven in parallel.
- Direct Balanced Filter with separate line and balanced signal paths.
- Phase selector for balanced outputs.
- Digital interface with USB input.
- Transport outputs and digital inputs allow insertion of DG-58 into signal path for sound field correction.
- Sampling frequency and quantization bit display.
Full details here
Offered with 36 month warranty in the original twin box packaging with handset, UK mains lead, manual and Accuphase interconnect.