So impressed were we by the Accuphase E-650 above and the high value E-380 below, we were inevitably drawn to having the E-480 too.
This is a very gutsy, colourful and remarkably ‘hear through’ piece of kit. And our demo sample is only just running in.
- AAVA volume control
- Power amplification stage with power MOS-FETs in triple parallel push-pull configuration
- Rated output 180 watts into 8 ohms
- Damping factor 600
- Instrumentation amplifier principle in power amplification stage allows fully balanced signal transmission
- MCS+ topology and current feedback in power amplification stage
- Logic-control relays for shortest signal paths
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency transformer and large filtering capacitors
- Protection circuitry using MOS-FET switches
Ample Output Power and Drive Capability Approaching the Functional Excellence and Performance Level of Separate Type Amplifiers
Preamplifier section features the latest implementation of AAVA volume control for further enhanced clarity. Instrumentation amplifier principle in power amplification stage allows fully balanced signal transmission and realizes top-notch S/N ratio. Balanced Remote Sensing enables low impedance of output circuitry, resulting in a damping factor of 600. Power amplification stage uses power MOS-FETs in triple parallel push-pull configuration, delivering 180 watts into 8 ohms for dynamic music enjoyment.