- The Concept 40 is Q Acoustics’ finest ‘affordable’ floor-standing speaker. It delivers an unparalleled sonic performance. The Concept 40’s extraordinary soundstage, dynamics and sheer musicality is achieved by incorporating its bespoke drive units into a ‘GelcoreTM Construction’ cabinet which allows the drive units to perform at their very impressive best.
- Enclosure Type: 2-Way Reflex with Double Woofer, Bass Unit: 2 x 125mm, Treble Unit: 25mm, Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB): 53Hz – 22kHz, Nominal Impedance: 8ohm, Minimum Impedance: 4ohm, Sensitivity: 90dB, Crossover Frequency: 2.3kHz
Conceptualising the Floorstanding Speaker
In common with the Concept 20, its award-winning sibling, the Concept 40’s extraordinary soundstage, dynamics and sheer musicality is achieved by incorporating its bespoke drive units into a GelcoreTM Construction cabinet. This State-of-the-Art, ultra-low resonance and beautifully lacquered cabinet design allows the dual 125mm drive units and wide dispersion 25mm tweeter to perform at their very impressive best. The combination of high sensitivity for dynamics and increased bass extension for realism make the step up from bookshelf speakers, worthwhile.
Award-Winning Floorstanding Speakers
Ultra-Low Resonance Cabinet Design
The Concept 40 uses GelcoreTM Cabinet Construction, where two layers of MDF, are separated by a bespoke, resonance absorbing, non-setting adhesive which converts the kinetic energy and disperses it as heat. This substantially reduces distortion and allows the individual drive units to deliver their optimal performance; a pure and uncoloured sound.
Beautifully Finished Floorstanding Speakers
Simple to Drive, Simple to Position
With 90dB sensitivity and a nominal impedance of 8 ohms, the Concept 40 is easily driven by any good quality amplifier, providing effortless peaks and crescendos in music and movie soundtracks. Various locations for positioning the speaker in the listening room are catered for by providing a foam bung which can be inserted in the rear-mounted reflex port modifying the bass response to suit positioning against a rear wall or close to a corner.
Gloss Finished Floorstanding Speakers
Stunning to Hear, Stunning to See
These striking floorstanding loudspeakers are available in multi-layered lacquered black or white finishes. The elegant tripod stand allows the Concept 40 to achieve perfect rigidity and floor contact, which further enhances its performance. Even the speaker’s attractive brushed aluminium facia plate is not purely decorative. It’s part of an assembly, which clamps a butyl rubber sheet to the front panel to reduce cabinet resonance still further in the panel facing the listener.
- Enclosure type: 2-way reflex with double woofer
- Bass Unit: 2 x 125mm
- Treble Unit: 25mm
- Frequency Response: 53Hz – 22kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8ohm
- Minimum Impedance: 4ohm
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Recommended Power: 25 – 150w
- Crossover Frequency: 2.3kHz
- Dimensions H/D/W mm: 972 x 170 x 288
- Weight: 18.5kg
- Sold in: Pairs
- Finishes available: Lacquered Black Gloss / Lacquered White Gloss
- Warranty: 5 Years
What’s in the box?
- 2 x Concept 40 Floorstanding Speakers
- 2 x Speaker Grills
- 2 x Glass Floor Outrigger Stands
- 8 x Outrigger Stand Screws
- 4 x Floor Spikes
- 4 x Floor Spike Locking Nuts
- 8 x Rubber Spike Protectors
- 4 x Bi-wire Linking Plates
- 2 x White Cotton Speaker Handling Gloves
- 2 x Port Bungs
- 1 x Manual