This P-4500 has led a quiet and sheltered life. Generally, it’s been wheeled out to show the differences between the Accuphase Class A and A/B offerings. Hint: the class A ones generally win.
All the same, this is an absolute cracker of a power amp with a very significant amount of power on tap. It’s also bridgeable for added grunt.
This dates to November 2021. Never travelled, infrequently played, fully warranted for three years and supplied in the (unusually excellent) original Accuphase packaging.
Immaculate. 3 year warranty. Free UK mainland delivery.
RRP £8000, but we’re not supposed to tell you that . . .
The quest for the optimal power amplifier has just taken another giant leap forward. The P-4500 features an instrumentation amplifier configuration realized with discrete semiconductors in the signal path, triple Darlington 4-parallel complementary push-pull architecture and many other technology advantages. The result is an impressive S/N ratio of 121 dB, rated output of 500 watts into 1 ohm (music signals), and a damping factor of 700. A newly developed output protection circuit can also detect any short-circuiting of the speaker terminals, for complete peace of mind. This power amplifier is the ultimate tool for immersive music enjoyment on the highest level.
- Power amplification stage with 4-parallel complementary push-pull configuration
- Linear output characteristics (90 W / 8 ohms, 180 W / 4 ohms, 360 W / 2 ohms)
- 500 W output into ultra-low impedance load of 1 ohm (music signals)
- Instrumentation amplifier principle
- Current feedback topology
- Balanced Remote Sensing
- High damping factor of 700
- Speaker output protection with short-circuit detection
- Highly responsive large peak power meters
- Support for bi-amping and bridged mode