Now in stock, we have the utterly magnificent Focal Utopia Headphones. These have already been praised as the best ‘phones in the world. Sure, they are pricey but, judged in this august context, the £3500 price makes them seem like a relative bargain!
Utopia are THE reference high-fidelity headphones manufactured in France by Focal. They are the result of 35 years of innovation, development and manufacturing of high-end speaker drivers and loudspeakers. Equipped with exclusive technology, they offer striking realism, neutrality, dynamics and clarity, for sound with unrivalled purity. Utopia are unique they are the world’s first audiophile headphones to be equipped with totally open-backed full-range speaker drivers with pure Beryllium ’M’-shaped domes. They meet all the requirements expected of high-end headphones due to their sophisticated and elegant design and to purposeful materiality, such as the carbon fibre yoke and true lambskin leather ear cushions.
- Very high-end audiophile open-back circum-aural headphones for low-noise environments
- Designed and manufactured in France and equipped with exclusive technology resulting from more than 35 years of expertise
- A pure, elegant and sophisticated design due to the carbon fibre yoke and true lambskin leather headband
Product Data Sheet
Utopia are the reference pair of headphones from Focal. They are the result of more than 35 years of innovation, development and manufacturing of speakers and loudspeakers in France. As a world first, Utopia features the only full range and fully open back loudspeaker, built within a pair of headphones, using pure Beryllium formed in the brand new “M” shape dome. The acoustic quality of this exclusive solution allowed Focal to avoid the use of any crossover or passive filtering process to achieve a frequency response from 5Hz to 50kHz!
The listening experience is outstanding in terms of realism, natural sound reproduction, dynamics and clarity. When listening to them, the headphones virtually disappear and the audio signal is revealed with a level of precision never achieved until Utopia. Design is also a key point, be it in regards to the way of using the headphones, comfort, as well as the aesthetic. Another achievement with Utopia is the removal from the conventional rotation included on the yoke and its integration into the headband to ensure a total purity of the design.
The true lambskin leather, used on the cushions, reinforces the character of classically elegant lines, as well as the expression of comfort and overall performances.
- Headphones Made in France
- Open back circum-aural headphones dedicated to low noise environments
- Reference pair of headphones featuring full range loudspeakers made of a pure Beryllium “M” shape dome (patent pending)
- Mechanical design offering a full compatibility to any size and shaped head
- Balanced cable with channel separation for fast and easy custom-made solutions (bi-amp)
- Rigid carrying case with magnet locking system
- 13.1ft (4m) OFC cable (1 x Neutrik® 01/4“ (6,35mm) stereo Jack Neutrik® 2 x shielded 03⁄8“ (9.5mm) Lemo® connectors with self-locking bayonet system)
|Type||Circum-aural open back headphones|
|Sensitivity||104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz|
|THD||<0,2% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL|
|Frequency response||5Hz – 50kHz|
|Loudspeaker||137⁄64“ (40mm) pure Beryllium “M” shape dome|
|Cable length||13.1ft (4m)|
|Connectors||1 x Jack 01/4“ (6.35mm) stereo 2 x 03⁄8“ (9.5mm) Lemo®|
|Carrying case||1253⁄64“x1015⁄64“x629⁄64“ (326x260x164mm)|