This is the latest SSD server from Melco and, to our ears, it’s head and shoulders above the others, including N1 Zs.
The SSD version of the N10 comes with a 3.8 TB SSD drive offering better performance over the standard 5tb HDD N10.
- To realise the 215mm width half-sized component, the head unit has both newly designed internal electronics hardware and new operating software, with improved PCB.
- The case is solid aluminium including the end cheeks giving both a sophisticated look and also mechanical integrity and freedom from vibration, further assisted by a complex and rigid internal steel chassis.
- The front panel has the familiar Melco OLED display and four control buttons – from this simple interface both initial setup – just language and time zone – as well as advanced customisation can be accomplished. When playing music the OLED is very informative showing file name and data format. All connectivity of external devices is also confirmed on the OLED.
- Playing directly from CD using a USB CD loader such as D100, or playing directly from a USB drive, the OLED and buttons give full browse and navigation.
- Separate Power Supply UnitHoused in the same elegant solid aluminium casing as the Head Unit, the Power Supply has a toroidal transformer and extensive filtering to ensure a low noise supply.Connection to the Head Unit is by multi way cable with Neutrik connectors.The Power Supply Unit is supported on 3 isolating feet from TAOC.
- N10/2-S38 1 x 3.84TB selected SSD on Melco HS-S2 isolation platformNetwork connectivity LAN Port-Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), PLAYER port, Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T),DHCP server in isolated modeUSB connectivity USB2.0 Front panel x 1USB2.0 Rear panel x 2Assignable as DAC, backup, import, expansionUSB Player sample rate support16-32 bit (PCM) to 384kHz:- auto downsample to suit connected DAC.Gapless PCM supported.1 bit (DSD) to 11.3MHz Quad DSD.Markerless DSD supported.DSD to 32bit PCM conversion selectable.Gapless DSD supported.OLED displays player sample rate.Power supply Pre-set 220-240V AC or 110-120V AC dependant on market.Low-noise, linear power supplySize 215 x 61 x 269mm (W H L)Weight head unit Approx 3.5kgWeight power supply Approx 5.0kg