Proper active loudspeakers have the crossover arranged at ‘line level’ in from of the power amplifiers and the power amps connected directly to the drivers. The SCM19A is a proper active speaker and has the audio signal fed to the XLR socket on the back of the loudspeakers
ATC make suitable preamplifiers but we also know that Naim and Linn ones are extremely well suited to these duties too. This includes the linn DS products and Naim NAC-N 172.
- New ATC designed and built dual suspension 25mm soft dome HF unit with precision alloy wave guide.
- “SL” spec bass driver with 75mm integral Soft Dome.
- 9kg optimised short-coil/long gap motor assembly.
- On-board grounded source 182 watt Class A/B Bi-amplifier.
- Active crossover filters and overload protection.
- 6 year warranty.
Drivers: HF ATC 25mm dual suspension Tweeter, Mid/LF ATC 150mm SL
Matched Response: +/- 0.5dB
Frequency Response (-6dB): 54Hz-22kHz
Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
Max SPL: 108dB
Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
Connectors: Male XLR
Input sensitivity: 1V
Filters: 2nd Order critically damped with phase compensation
Overload Protection: Active FET momentary gain reduction
Fault Protection: DC fault protection and thermal trip. Fault indication on rear panel mounted LED
Amplifier Output: 150W LF, 32W HF
Dimensions (HxWxD): 980 x 370 x 344mm (inc. foot plinth & amp, spikes add 25mm to height, grill adds 34mm to depth)