E-4000 is our first significant new arrival from Accuphase. Significant, because the E-480 was working so well for us and this is its replacement. Given the changes in power amplifier transistor type there was some unease about fixing something that isn’t broken.
Anyway, what we have seems to be a slightly tighter, cleaner version of what we had before. Masses of gusto in a very familiar (and back breaking) package. Price has risen slightly, but then we’re not allowed to publish these things. What an interesting world this is! 🙂
We carry the E-4000 on demonstration, along with an increasingly high proportion of their range.
The E-4000 integrated amplifier has emerged from separate amplifier technologies. The preamplifier section features AAVA using ANCC to allow for volume adjustments that maintain high levels of vibrancy. The power amp section employs balanced transmission utilizing the instrumentation amplifier principle to drive noise suppression to its limit. The E-4000 is equipped with a four-fold parallel push-pull configuration of power transistors driven in Class AB in the output stage to extract every last ounce of potential from the speakers and create soundscapes filled with subtlety.
- Revolutionary AAVA volume control
- Four-fold parallel push-pull configuration of power transistors driven in Class AB
- High power output of 180 watts into 8 ohms / 260 watts into 4 ohms
- Power amplification stage configured as instrumentation amplifier
- High damping factor of 800
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer
- High-voltage, large filtering capacitors
- Protection circuitry using MOS-FET switches